Keto diets have grown hugely in popularity over the last couple of years. The great news is that you can drink alcohol on keto, albeit with a bit of caution!
So, what can you drink on a keto diet without tipping your carbs over the limit?
The best options are clear spirits such vodka, gin, rum, and tequila. Even whiskey has essentially zero carbs in a normal serving size.
Keto cocktail mixes are a perfect way to ramp up the flavor of zero-calorie alcohols that won't put a dent in your diet.
How Can I Make a Keto-Friendly Alcoholic Drink?
The trick to staying on track with keto while still enjoying yourself is to pick and choose the right ingredients.
Spirits like those listed above are the best choice. Light beers and some wines are also fairly low carb at three to four grams per serving and suitable for occasional consumption.
Cocktail Mixers on a Keto Diet
Next, let's take a look at mixers. It's easy to think you've mastered drinking on keto, but be careful: your mixers can turn a seemingly innocent drink onto a high-carb calorie bomb!
The best low-carb mixers are sugar-free tonic, seltzer, or diet sodas, but be warned that many diet drinks are packed with artificial sweeteners that aren't ideal.
Our advice is to opt for seltzer or soda water, and use a punchy, flavor-filled Skinny cocktail mix to replicate your favorite tipple without the guilt.
What Drinks Should I Avoid on Keto?
It's tough sticking to a diet that might work wonders for your waistline but requires you to give up everything tasty and fun!
It’s best to avoid most conventional cocktails as unfortunately they're filled to the brim with calories and carbs.
- Everyone love’s a pina colada, but that’s 32 grams of carbs for a 4.5-ounce drink.
- An average Sangria will hit you with 27 grams of carbs.
- Margaritas aren't much better, with 13 grams for every delicious cup full.
- Regular beers have about 12 grams of carbs per 12-ounce can.
Never fear, Skinny Mixes has the answer, and it'll put a spring back in your party shoes without doing any damage to your carb control.
Keto-Friendly Cocktail Recipes
All Skinny Mixes cocktail combos and syrups are low carb, low sugar, and low calorie. Most contain zero of all three, and we have some fantastic cocktail recipes specifically designed for keto. Here are a few of our favorites to get you started:
- Skinny Margarita – mix tequila with Skinny Margarita Mix, salt, and lime for a stunning Margarita with just two grams of carbs per serving.
- Keto-Friendly Skinny Pina Colada – craving that creamy coconut goodness? Blend white rum, three ounces of our amazing Pina Colada Mix, ice, and garnish with pineapple. You'll be transported to a tropical paradise with just 7 grams of carbs.
- Vodka Chata – horchata with a kick. Mix vodka, almond milk, cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and top it off with our Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup for a decadent delight. Our syrup has zero carbs, sugar, or calories; just go easy on the cream and enjoy guilt free.
For more inspiration, visit Skinny Mixes cocktail mixers, or experiment with our syrups to keep the keto gods happy without sacrificing those gorgeous drinks that get the party started.