Zero-Sugar Added Blueberry Pie
Eating pie shouldn't have to be something you feel guilty about doing. Here at Skinny Mixes, we've made it our responsibility to provide delicious sugar-free alternatives to our customers, which means providing you with recipes too! This Zero-Sugar Added Blueberry Pie recipe tastes exactly how you remember it being from your childhood. Pair it with a glass of Lemon Elderflower Soda for some complementary flavors.
1 hour and 15 minutes
- 7 cups of blueberries (about 36 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup
- 1 large egg
- Sugar-free Pie Crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Simple Syrup
- Prepare for the exquisite taste of fresh blueberry pie by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add four cups of blueberries to a saucepan over medium heat. Using a potato masher, occasionally smash the blueberries until they have been reduced and broken down. The reduction will take about 15 to 20 minutes. Let the mixture cool.
- Add the remaining uncooked blueberries to a bowl with Cinnamon Vanilla Syrup, Simple Syrup, corn starch, lemon zest, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cooled cooked blueberries to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Transfer the blueberry mixture to your pie crust and spread it evenly.
- Whisk together an egg with one tablespoon of water to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on the pie crust edges and cutouts.
- Place your completed pie on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn down the heat from 400 degrees Fahrenheit to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave your pie in the oven until the crust has turned golden brown and most of the blueberry liquid has evaporated. The reduction will take around 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let your pie cool and set. Slice and serve your Zero-Sugar Added Blueberry Pie!