Salted caramel is one of the most delicious flavors in the world. It’s sweet, but with a distinct salty finish, and it’s one of the best sauces for topping sweets like cookies and ice creams. Sugar-free salted caramel sauce and other variations are also easy to make at home, but require some work to get the texture just right. That’s why Skinny Mixes’ zero-sugar caramel sauce is the best way to go!
You can use salted caramel sauce just like you would use hot caramel sauce, and because it’s less sweet, it's a great way to add a little complexity to desserts and snacks. In this article, we’ll look at some of the many ways you can use salted caramel sauce to spice up your food.
Ways to Use Salted Caramel Sauce
- It can be enjoyed in hot chocolate
- It’s a key ingredient in salted caramel chocolate truffles
- It can be used as a glaze on roasted pork
- On your next movie night, you can try mixing it in with your popcorn
- You can pour it over your favorite ice cream
- Add a splash of salted caramel sauce to your banana or chocolate milkshake for just the right amount of sweetness
- It can be stirred into warm custard
- Learn how to store salted caramel sauce in a nice jar to create a nice homemade gift
- Serve it with brie on crackers for breakfast
- Use it as a dip for hot baked chips
- Combine it with rice pudding for the ideal winter treat
- Drizzle salted caramel sauce over roasted apples or pears
- Put it on the tops of cupcakes that call for buttercream frosting
- Use it in place of syrup to go with banana pancakes
- You can mix it in with Greek yogurt for added sweetness
- You can pair it with apple pie
- Drizzle it over a pavlova
- When preparing a layered chocolate cake, spread cooled salted caramel sauce between the layers of a cake
- It can be stirred into morning coffee
- Drizzle it over dessert pizza or brownies
- When making cheesecake, just before baking, you can swirl salted caramel sauce through the batter
- It can be sandwiched between two macarons
- You can serve it with churros
- Salted caramel sauce can be used to make caramel butter
- If you’re making wings at home, add a tablespoon of caramel to the sauce before you toss the wings
Salted caramel sauce, just as any caramel sauce, is a sweet, thick sauce that is often used as a condiment or topping. It is usually served chilled, but you can also heat it up and use it as a sauce or dip.
Salted caramel is a candy made from caramel mixed with salt–you can use salted caramel sauce just like you would use hot caramel sauce, except that it is usually a little less sweet and more salty. It's a great way to add a little complexity to any dessert or snack, and it is especially good on ice cream and other dessert bars.
There is clearly a wide variety of ways to use salted caramel sauce and caramel syrup to add an extra boost of sweetness and flavor to your desserts, coffee, and even certain dishes! Of course, if you’re looking for that salty, carmelly flavor without the calories, Skinny Mixes has you covered–try our Sugar-Free Salted Caramel syrup today!